Ever wonder how the models pull off great makeup trends on and off the runway????? I do! Sometimes liking a look, I’ll “try” to recreate it a home. Unpleasant facial expression of people passing by, clearly not appreciating raccoon
smokey eyes clown rouge/bronze combo face, stopped my attempts for the nearest future. Ha! However, couple of weeks ago, I’ve had a pleasure of getting an amazing transformation by Estee Lauder Makeup Artist Chasity Martinez Mua. Chasity created two looks on me, using Estee Lauder newest fall/winter collection. I’ve requested dark lip, since dark shades appeared all over the runways during New York Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week held in February of this year. Designers like Christian Siriano, Badgley Mischka, Yves Saint Laurent, Gucci, Hannibal Laguna, and Alice + Olivia coordinated their looks with dark two fleshy parts that form the upper and lower edges of the opening of the mouth aka lips (appreciating the shortcut, are you?)
Chasity explained in detail all the steps of my makeover. Follow them yourself or if you’ll find yourself unocupied on a rainy, muggy day stop by @Estee Lauder counter to say “Hi” – her skills and bubbly personality will leave a great impression on your skin and your mood:)
Makeover list: 1. we cleanse the skin and apply Idealist Even Skin Tone illuminator to tone down the redness, followed by Daywear cream to prep the skin. Daywear is a good cream for all types off skin, offers spf protection and smooths the skin.
2. Illuminating perfecting primer smooth it on the skin for a good base for our foundation.
3. Double Wear concealer, stays on all day and very light weight. Trick – you can add a little night repair eye cream( Estee Lauders eyes cream prevent, correct, hydrates) with the concealer so it go’s on smoother and doesn’t crease or go into lines around eye.. the finish is flawless and all day long. – My personal fav!
Eyes – Daylook
1. Double wear stay in place eye primer all over the eyelid, keeps the shadow without creasing and lasting.
2. Apply 08 cyber gold on the lid under eye crease/ 10 Ivory slipper-satin, as a highlight under eyebrow and teardrop/01 cyber copper on the crease and blend it out/17 cyber ruby on crease also to intense the crease. All these colors are part of Estee Lauder Pure Color Collection – easy to apply, creating lasting runway look.
Eyes – creating more contrast
1. On top of the lid, close to the lash line we add black liquid liner creating a soft wing/ under double wear liner on water line.
2. Lashes are coated with Sumptuous Bold Volume lifting Mascara.
3. Eyebrows are filled in lightly with Automatic Brow Pencil in soft brown, gives eyebrows a good frame.
To top off the daylook, Chasity recommends softer lip color: we line the lips with pink double wear liner and fill it with lipstick in Bois de Rose color.
Bold lips – this way , please…
Dark lips: lined with Double Wear Plumy liner and then filled with Violet Electra Pure Color lipstick! really pops and very beautiful! This is an evening look, more definition on the cheeks and contoured face by using a bronzer.
Chasity Martinez Mua – FB
or see her lovely face working Estee Lauder counter
at Westfield Fox Valley in Aurora